ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2020
DIVISION: Joint Force Development
BRANCH/SECTION: Training and Exercise Branch
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
The intern will participate in a range of programmes focusing on the Hand-Over / Take-Over (HOTO) of Training and Exercise related functions from ACT (Allied Command Transformation) to ACO (Allied Command Operations), under the tutelage of the TREX Exercise Coordinator. This may include:
- Liaison with ACO J7 to ensure a smooth HOTO
- Maintain an actual manpower development oversight both within ACT and ACO
- Monitor a consistent function transfer from ACT to ACO
- Conducting a risk analysis / mitigation
- Analysis of Functions to be provided by ACT in order to allow the JWC (Joint Warfare Centre), JFTC (Joint Force Training Centre) and JALLC (Joint Analysis Lessons Learned Centre) to provide their services in support of MTEP (Military Training and Exercise Programme) execution.
Deliverables will include research reports, point papers, and Power Point presentations. Specific deliverables will be tailored based on experience of the selected intern and the specific project.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Post Graduate student in operations research, business, management, administration or economics.
- Experience in planning and designing research projects, conducting data collection, analyzing quantitative/qualitative data, and presenting results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- A strong interest in the security politics, international security architecture and military preparation for mission.