ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2020
DIVISION: Joint Force Development
BRANCH/SECTION: Modelling and Simulation / Training Technologies
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Working within the Training Technologies (ETT) Section under M&S/TT Branch, the Intern will support research and development of new training technology capabilities, as well as experimentation with new technology supporting education and training. This includes the instructional and multimedia design, the online delivery of courses via the NATO e-Learning Services, virtual classrooms, virtual and augment reality under Immersive Training Environments including virtual worlds and serious games.
To support TT staff in the research and development of emerging technologies in Education & Training (E&T), planning and development of instructionally sound, relevant online courses supporting NATO operations, exercises and academic events, tasks will include:
- Researching current academic and industry development tools and methods for online learning
- Reviewing industry and academic trends in E&T technology
- Setting up and experimenting with new training technology
- Reviewing current NATO styles and standards and advising on potential improvements
- Assessing the pedagogy requirements for NATO and nations (including partners) for successful online training delivery
- Assessing Blended Learning as the best solution to NATO’s training needs
- Supporting HQ SACT in the development and adoption of online learning including computer based, mobile and social learning capabilities
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
The intern should be a current or recently graduated post graduate student in the area of Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology or Education related training.
HQ ACT is seeking a keen dynamic individual to bring new ideas and experiences to assist in the NATO wide development of online learning. This exciting new capability allows NATO to train and educate staff, “Anywhere and Anytime” and seeks to be at the forefront of this technology.