ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2020
DIVISION: Command Group
BRANCH/SECTION: Office of Gender Advisor
The HQ SACT Gender Advisor (GENAD) provides ACT commands advice with regard to gender perspectives associated with the implementation of UNSCR 1325 and related resolutions in policies, concepts and directives, in particular as to Education and Training.
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Fulfill the role of a Command Group intern, and under the tutelage of the sponsor undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in:
- Increase awareness on gender perspective in ACT
- Maintaining an overview on current policies in regard to gender perspective
- Developing and conducting a communication plan inside ACT
- Participate in meetings, gender workshop in HQ SACT
- Support the development and implementation of gender related events and incidents in NATO exercises conducted at JWC, JFTC and other NATO facilities
- Follow and develop topics related to gender perspective in military operation
- Support HQ SACT activities/events related to gender.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Current or recent Post Graduate student in gender, in humanitarian studies or in humanitarian law.
- It would be desirable for the incumbent to have knowledge of the UNSCR (United Nations Security Council Resolution) 1325 and related resolutions.