ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2020
BRANCH/SECTION: Capability Requirements
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
The Capabilities Requirements Branch leads the development and elicitation of NATO common-funded capability requirements. The Branch (and the Requirements Division itself) is a new entity within HQ SACT, which has been through the initial forming, in terms of the specific new function and the arrival of new personnel, but also of the overarching process (directives, procedures, qualification and education & training).
The Capabilities Requirements intern will be expected to assist/work for the post-Initial Operational Capability continued development of the Branch’s organizational structure and capability, on the following:
Essential Core Duties:
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis in relation to the status and gaps at the Initial Operational Capability
- Problem definition, structuring and scoping techniques towards the Final Operational Capability of the Capability Requirements Branch, and the Requirements Division
- Document research and conducting literature reviews, for further implementation of the “Capability Requirements discipline” concept.
Additional Duties as Required:
- Note-taking and report writing for workshops and seminars at HQ SACT
- Writing presentations and speaking notes
- Knowledge Management development and maintenance.
The intern will provide a report analysing the Branch performace/effort ratio based on a deliberate non-military perspective, including proposed adjustment measures to the implementation plan, of the Branch and of the “Capability Requirements discipline” concept.
Additional deliverables will be tailored based on experience of the selected intern and the specific project.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Post Graduate student in operational analysis, management, economics, public administration,
- Understanding of the principles of planning and designing research projects, conducting data collection, analysing quantitative / qualitative data, and presenting results,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint,
- An interest in military affairs.