ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2020
DIVISION: Resources & Management Directorate
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
HQ SACT is focused on processes to lead a fully functional Transformation to the NATO Alliance by synchronizing across multi-national defence programs and forces. Orchestrating conferences and seminars, and coordinating events and high level visits are some of the tools used to lead Transformation. The Protocol Branch manages all Protocol functions for HQ SACT. Plans, coordinates and executes all Protocol aspects for both HQ SACT and sponsored VIP visits, NATO and other official ceremonies, SACT official receptions and social events. Coordinates logistical and protocol requirements in cooperation with Branches within HQ SACT, to support conferences, seminars and other events.
Current format for main events are being revised to combine with NATO HQ. Such co-hosted events may result in welcoming high ranking attendees, and would require additional coordination and manpower efforts. The intern will contribute in providing support to the Protocol Branch.
Intern deliverables will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Protocol Branch in the planning, coordination and execution of VIP visits to HQ SACT.
- Personally meet and escort visitors and dignitaries (as required) during their arrival and accompany them through various phases of their visit.
- Support the update of Protocol web-pages.
- Accompany the Protocol members in meetings within HQ SACT.
- Any other duties assigned within the remit expected of an intern.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
Essential Skills: Current or recently graduated Post Graduate student in international relations or equivalent.
Desired Skills: Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office.