The Public Affairs Office is responsible for the drafting, and for globally communicating, the Strategic Vision and Message of NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Transformation as well as drafting and maintaining NATO's Bi-lateral Strategic Command Strategic Vision Plan.
The Chief Public Affairs Officer is the official spokesperson for Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, and advisor for Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Transformation and Chief of Staff. The Chief Public Affairs Officer represents Allied Command Transformation and all subordinate commands, including Supreme Allied Commander Transformation's Representative in Europe, in the public's eye. Public Affairs Office manages the public perception of the command, the corporate image of the command and manages command information products and news.
Public Affairs Office identifies and drafts Public Affairs strategy and goals that are needed to reach the end state of Supreme Allied Commander Transformation's intent and vision, and is also responsible for the transformation and standardization of NATO's Bi-lateral Strategic Command Public Affairs functions and responsibilities; it is also responsible for public information support to the Joint Warfare Centre, the Joint Force Training Centre and the Joint Analysis Lessons Learned Centre.
Public Affairs Office plans and organizes external media interviews and events for Allied Command Transformation staff and personnel by coordinating News Conferences (a.k.a. "Press Conferences") and media interviews, which support Supreme Allied Commander Transformation's intent and vision.
Public Affairs Office has the primary responsibility for the NATO Public Affairs Course and for the curriculum of other NATO Public Affairs training; manages and maintains the look, design and content of the official Allied Command Transformation publically accessible, unclassified Internet website and also coordinates and publicises NATO community events locally in the Norfolk, Virginia region.
|NATO Visual Identity Guidelines||NATO Brand Guide||NATO ACO/ACT Digital Media Management Guide||NATO ACO/ACT Public Affairs Handbook|
The Public Affairs office is a part of the Strategic Communications Branch at Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, which has the following composition:
- Captain Carlos Bausa', Spanish Navy - Chief Strategic Communications
- Mr. Jay Paxton, Canadian NATO International Civilian - Chief Public Affairs and Deputy Chief Strategic Communications
- Mr. Frank Schiller, German NATO International Civilian – Chief Corporate Communications
- Lieutenant Colonel Greg Poehlmann, Canadian Army – PA/StratCom Training Officer
- Commander Jean-Cristophe Peytou, French Navy – StratCom Plans & Policy and Training Officer
- Commander Katrin Miller, German Navy - Staff Officer Corporate Communications
- Lieutenant Commander Ben Moran, Royal Navy - Public Affairs Plans & Policy and Community Relations Officer
- Mr. Paolo Giordano, Italian NATO International Civilian - Website Manager
- Leading Writer Michaela Craze, Royal Navy - Branch Administrator
- Chief Petty Officer Adrian Melendez, U.S. Navy - Mass Communication Specialist
- Petty Officer First Class Abraham Essenmacher, U.S. Navy - Mass Communications Specialist
For Media-related queries please contact:
Allied Command Transformation Public Affairs Office
7857 Blandy Road, Suite 100 Norfolk, VA 23551-2490
Tel: +1 (757) 747-3600, Fax: +1 (757) 747-3234
For all other queries click here